How to setup Proxy for Google Chrome
Step-by-step instructions on how to manually configure Google Chrome. We will tell you how to clear cookies and cache for complete anonymity of the device.
First you need to clear the history. Deleting cookies are performed to do like this:
- Go to the browser settings using the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to History section and click on History again.
- In the "Clear history" subsection, tick all the checkboxes and click on the "Delete data" button, which will complete the cleaning process.
Now you can proceed with setting up the server, which occurs as follows:
- In the browser we going to settings where we can find "additional". Scroll down a bit and click on the "Change proxy server settings".
The next steps are similar to setting up a proxy in the Opera browser. In the new browser properties window, among all tabs, you need to select "Connections", and in the lower right corner click the "Network settings" button.
- A new window opens in which you need to check two boxes: "One proxy server for all protocols", and the last item "Do not use for local addresses".
- You should also fill in the fields with the server address and port. Make sure that only the above two items are ticked. If the proxy that you plan to use has support for all protocols, or you do not know which protocols it can support, click on "OK" and complete the setup procedure.
- In other cases, several more actions need to be performed, depending on the protocols are supported. If there is support for only HTTP and HTTPS (SSL), in the window that is already open, click the "Advanced" button. In the unit with the subheading "Servers" uncheck the box "One proxy server ...". Then make sure that the first three lines with addresses and ports are filled, and the last one is empty.
If it is not, enter the required data. Click on "OK" to complete the operation. If only SOCKS is supported, also click on the "Advanced" link. In the window that opens, uncheck the box "One proxy server ..." and make sure that the address and port fields are filled only in the fourth line. If it is not, then make the appropriate changes and click "OK". After the completion of all the operations described above, the Internet browser will start using a proxy.