ProxyCap is a program that allows you to release any application on the Internet through a proxy, even without its support. It involves the implementation of SOCKS-identification programs. Supported by SOCKS4, SOCKS5, HTTP proxies. It also makes it possible to specify an application connected to the network using a proxy and its conditions.
Learn what is the difference of the HTTP, HTTPS and SOCKS 5 protocols. It might be helpful.
The program works on the principle of intercepting attempts to connect applications accessing the network and performing tunneling of these connections sending them through a proxy. So even the Internet applications themselves are not aware of the fact of the presence of a proxy server and does not require additional configuration.
Features of ProxyCap
Among the advantages of ProxyCap are the following:
- rules for connecting to a proxy server separately for each application;
- small distribution kit;
- support for Windows Vista.
The convenience of ProxyCap is that it can work as a Windows service and starts when the OS boots. In addition, it supports working with multiple proxies at once. In this case, each program is assigned its own IP from the list. (For an example setup, version 3.23 is used).
Read our detailed instructions for configuring proxies in operating system Windows 7.
- Find in the Ruleset menu. In the “Load” item, load the settings. Next, save the current ProxyCap settings. Click “OK”. Button “Cancel” - for changes. "Help" - a guide of how to work with the program. “About” - to determine the version of ProxyСap and its registration:
- Open the Miscellaneous menu for basic program settings. Mark “Start ProxyСap ...” to select the start automatically or manually, then “Enable error logging” and “Submit crash reports” to report errors. Press the "OK" button:
- Click on the cross next to the Ruleset. Pay attention to “Proxies” and “Rules”. In the first register proxies, in the second - the rules of their work:
- Go to the “Proxies” item for further settings. Point 2 - to create and prescribe a proxy, 3 - delete a proxy from the list, 4 - change the settings of the created proxy, 5 - make the selected proxy by default:
- In the "New Proxy Server" window, perform the following steps: 1 - specify the type of proxy (SOCKS 4, 5, HTTP). 2 - proxy IP address (maybe a host). 3 — proxy server port. 4 - login and password (if coming with a proxy). If they are absent, click “OK”, then the proxy configuration will end. 5 - enter the login from the proxy. 6 - enter the proxy password. 7 - “OK” to save:
- You can also create a few more proxies. 1 - all proxies, 2 - default proxy, 3 - click if you need to make another proxy default. Click “OK”:
This completes the basic setup. Everything will work on the specified default proxy server. But there is still a rule set, where the settings for working with proxies are presented more expanded.
ProxyCap rules configuring
- Go to the “Rules” settings: 1 - the rule and the indication that all programs and users will work through the default proxy, 2 - to create a new rule, 3 - to delete the selected rule, 4 - configure the selected rule, 5 - move rules up and down the list:
- Creating a new rule: 1 - indicate whether the rule works through a proxy or through a real IP; 2 - select a proxy from the registered ones, through which the rule will work; 3 - select all programs or a specific one that will work through the specified proxy; 4 - choose whether TCP, UDP packets will be through the proxy; 5 - select the ports through which the rule will work; 6 - enable and disable the rule; 7 - save changes:
- The new rule is that the data.exe program will work through proxy 3, the rest of the programs through the default one:
Setting rules is useful when using multiple portable browsers and a sandbox at the same time. Also, you can run several identical programs on the same OS and flexibly regulate the use of proxies for different actions.
You are able to use one of the best anti detect browsers. Get to know about how to set up a proxy in LinkenSphere.