Setting up a proxy server on Windows 11 will help you hide your IP address, bypass various blocks, and simply surf the Internet safely. A proxy will also protect your device from unnecessary ads, malware, and hacks.
In this article, we will tell you how to set up a proxy server on your PC in just a few steps.
If you have already purchased a reliable personal proxy server, let's start setting it up:
1. Click on the Windows icon.
2. Go to the "Settings" section.
2. Find the "Network & Internet" item and click on it.
3. Select the "Proxy" section.
3. Find the "Use a proxy server" item and click "Set up".
4. In the opened window, click the "On" button to enable the proxy.
5. Next, in the fields, enter the IP address and port from your proxy.
6. If you don’t want to use the proxy for some sites, enter their addresses in this field.
7. Click on the "Save" button, and exit the settings! Proxy configuration completed.
When you open any browser, an authorization window will pop up (if you use a personal proxy). Enter the password and username of your proxy in the required fields and save.
To check if the proxy is operating properly on your computer, you need to do a few things:
1. Open the browser on the device.
2. Search for any site to check the IP address (there are a lot of them on the Internet, so you can’t go wrong).
3. Check at which IP address is displayed. If you configured the proxy correctly, then you will see the address of your proxy.
1. Click on the Windows icon and open "Settings".
2. Select "Network & Internet", and then go to the "Proxy" section.
3. Next to "Automatically detect settings" move the slider to the "Off" mode. Next to "Use setup script" click on "Set up", in the opened window move the slider to the "Off" mode and click "Save".
4. Now next to "Use a proxy server" click on the "Set up" button.
5. Disable the use of a proxy server by moving the slider to the “Off” position. Click "Save" and exit settings.
As you can see, setting up a proxy for Windows 11 is a matter of a few minutes, and you should not neglect it if you want to reliably protect your data.